Sunday, August 16, 2009

Student Blog Synopsis...

The educational setting I am placed with at this moment does not allow the setting up of Blogs with students, nor would there be time set aside for such.
Though if I was to set up Blogs with my students the design would follow a series of Learning Experience Plans that dealt not only with Blogging, but also the process and procedures for Blogging, for example:
  • Subject matter and criteria of the Blog
  • Development of the Blog with scaffolding
  • Safety issues when dealing with a public domain
  • understanding of copyright laws and rules
  • Netiquette
  • And the outcomes of the process
Initially I thought it would be good as a collaborative exercise - which it would - but then thought that individual attempts might show which students are doing well and which students might need more support. I think this might be a good tool to see: Learning Management Question (LMQ) 1 - What my learner already knows? (Smith & Lynch, 2006, p. 63) and LMQ 2 - Where does my Learner need/want to be?(Smith & Lynch, 2006, p. 63). These two questions form part of the profiling phase of students, therefore individual blogs would be a great start in determining what it is my student require from me educationally.

Dominique


References:
Smith, R., & Lynch, D. (2006). The rise of the learning manager: changing teacher education. Frenches Forest, NSW, Australia: Pearson Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment