Friday, July 24, 2009

My Schemata and Technology...

I have spent many hours lately reading (as we all have) and have discovered a mental process within myself when it comes to trying to understand new technology! I am an immigrant to this knowledge and constantly find myself trying to relate it to what I already know - that`s my schemata (Dictionary.com, 2009) in action.
For those new to this term, one`s schemata or schema is basically a mental framework of knowledge that can built upon. When it comes to this course and all the new technologies I will be discovering, my schema will sift through what I already know and try to make the links required so that I can process this information better.
At times I will not get the terminology correct and I might miss the point totally behind the use of some technologies, but please bear with me. The purpose of this is to extend my knowledge, so that eventually I will be able to utilise some technology in teaching practices.

Dominique

References:
Dictionary.com, (2009). Schemata. Retrieved July 24, 2009, from,
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/schemata

No comments:

Post a Comment